This tutorial is suitable for all people who love cake decorating and want to step up their game by creating a modern-looking celebration cake.
This course we will cover
- How to come up with a cake design depending on the occasion that the cake will be presented.
- Cake portions (coffee-dessert)
- Preparing your boards
- How to trim your cake for icing
- How to fully cover the tiers using Swiss meringue buttercream
- How to achieve sharp edges using the “lid” technique
- How to build a strong foundation for the 2 tier cake using a dowel in the middle
- Finishing and touching up the cakes
- How to colour wafer paper
- How to shape wafer paper achieving a modern decoration for your cake
** On this project Gigi is using a 5” and 8” cakes that have been layered and crumb coated ahead of time using the course “basic buttercream”.
All the basic preparation of the tiers as well as the buttercream recipe are in the Basic Buttercream tutorial.